GNOSIS Submission Guidelines
Gnosis follows a double-blind peer reviewing procedure. Authors are therefore requested not to include their name or affiliation as embedded text anywhere in their submitted papers. This information should be sent on a separate page (e.g., title page) preceding the submitted article. Self-identifying citations and references in the article text should be avoided. If authors do include their names on submitted papers, anonymous reviewing cannot be guaranteed.
Upon submission, the author gives the right to Gnosis for any minor corrections in spelling, grammar, and/or formatting issues. If an article is accepted, and there are editing issues beyond the abilities of our editors (i.e., citation problems, ambiguous sentence structures, etc.), the author will be given the opportunity to re-submit the article with revisions. If such a case is granted, the author will be given one calendar week (7 days) from the date the article is returned in order to make the necessary corrections. Failure to re-submit within the 7-day allowance will result in a rejection for publication of the article, but may still be considered for the subsequent issue. Inability to fulfill this timeline will be evaluated according to each individual case, and should be addressed to the present editor-in-chief if such a possibility arises.
- Submissions may be in either English or French.
- There is no set word limit, but those submissions under 7000 words are favoured.
- Please submit your text in a double line spacing using size 12 pt, Times New Roman font. Use only one space (not two) in separating sentences within the text.
- Please provide a short abstract between 150-400 words attached to the beginning of the submitted paper. The abstract should not contain any undefined abbreviations or unspecified references.
- Use endnotes. Keep endnotes to a minimum. Page references should be included parenthetically in the flowing text. If necessary, please use endnotes instead of footnotes. Notes should be indicated by consecutive superscript Roman numerals in the text.
- Citations and bibliographies should follow Chicago author-date style of referencing, and be consistent throughout the paper. Ensure that bibliographies are properly formatted according to these standard referencing styles. For more information, see http://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/tools_citationguide.html.
- Extended quotations (over 40 words) are to be set off clearly by being indented, single-spaced, bolded, and using 10 pt font. Use double quotation marks for direct quotations, and single quotation marks for quotations within quotations, as well as for words or phrases used in a special sense.
- Please number and title your sections. Any first-, second-, third-, and fourth-order section headings should be clearly distinguishable (in italics, bolded, or both) and numbered (e.g., 1., 1.1, 1.1.1, 2.1, etc.).
- Please refrain from numbering the pages of your article.
- Please save your document as a Microsoft Word Document (.doc or .docx). Pdf files will not be accepted since minor errors cannot be edited properly with this format.
- Submissions not abiding by these guidelines may not be considered.
In the body of your email please include: your full name, address, email address, title of your paper. Please also include, in a separate document to the article, the word count, # of pages, and abstract.
Ensure that your article has been prepared for blind peer review.
Deadline for submissions are specified by the date of each Call for Papers that is distributed. All submissions received after the mentioned deadlines will be considered for the subsequent issue.
All manuscripts and correspondence may be sent to:
Gnosis Editorial Team